Finding the perfect braces provider in Brooklyn, NY can be a time-consuming and oftimes difficult process. Dr. Sue Liebman of Brooklyn Orthodontics has come up with a few tips to help ensure that you choose the right orthodontist for you and that you end up with the beautiful smile you’ve been dreaming of.
Orthodontists are specialists who treat oral health care issues related to misaligned jaws and teeth. Most people think of orthodontists when they need braces, so it is best to research the orthodontists in and around your area, and then choose an orthodontist wisely.
- Ask Your Dentist
Your dentist is usually the first to spot any orthodontic issues, and they should be able to recommend a professional, certified orthodontist in your community. You trust your dentist to recommend the best treatment provider he knows about, but also ask around among your friends and family members. Candid feedback from actual patients will give you a better idea about the types of orthodontic treatment providers out there.
2. Research Recommendations Online
You may also want to conduct some online research on braces providers in Brooklyn, NY before ultimately choosing an orthodontist.
3. Evaluate Their Expertise and Knowledge
While looking for the best orthodontist in Brooklyn, NY, you must consider the education, experience, and certifications that each service provider has. All orthodontists have to complete an Additional two-to-three years of training after dental school to be certified. The orthodontist that you choose should be able to offer you a variety of choices for your orthodontic treatment. At Brooklyn Orthodontics we offer braces and we offer alternatives to braces, such as Invisalign clear aligners. Dr.Sue Liebman and Brooklyn Orthodontics are certified Invisalign providers, and they have been helping patients achieve their dream smile for years now!
4. Schedule an Initial Consultation
Be sure to schedule an initial consultation to get an idea about the practice and the provider that you will ultimately choose to work with. Most orthodontists provide a free initial consultation and some even provide free X-rays. If the orthodontist has a large practice, you may have to talk to the manager or patient liaison during an initial consultation.
5. Consider the Cost of Treatment Another point to consider during your search for the best orthodontist in, Brooklyn, NY is how much the orthodontic treatment is going to cost. Orthodontic treatments with braces can be expensive. Beyond your insurance coverage, payment plan options are often offered by practitioners, and you will want a payment plan that you can manage and afford (i.e., monthly installments that are spread out over the period of treatment). Inquire about the different payment plans that are offered before you make a decision on an orthodontist for your treatment.
6. Know Alternative Treatments
Orthodontic technologies have progressed considerably during the past decade.There are now several types of orthodontic braces to consider. When you’re choosing the best orthodontist in Brooklyn, NY make sure you have access to all the latest treatment options. No orthodontist should try to sell you the most costly product, but rather your proposed provider should discuss the advantages and disadvantage of the different treatment options available to you that you can make an informed and suitable choice.
If you’re ready to start treatment or want to learn more about Dr. Sue Liebman of Brooklyn Orthodontics in Brooklyn, NY, then call us today at: 718-622-6741